Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stained Glass

"People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun's out,
but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed
only if there is light within."
—Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
I recieved this quote in an email today and I immediatly thought of my dear friends Marilyn & David. David has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. The doctors have done about all they can do so he is now at home and being lovingly cared for by his wife Marilyn. These two people truly exemplify "the light within." They have shown how strong their trust and faith in Jesus is from the first day of his diagnosis. Even though there have been tears, fears and worries, they know God has a plan and a purpose for this and they are trusting in Him. They show everyone around them that they leave everything in His control. I am so blessed to know them, to share in this journey with them and to see His light shine through them. You are always in my heart and prayers Marilyn & Dave.....luv ya!

2 comments:

MEME16 said...

hi. friend- thanks for the comments for and about ''us'' and glad I have your link now- I used to blog here too but now my time seems to come and go- we had a good day here :-) huggles me, Marilyn

Chrissy said...

Your friends are in my thoughts and prayers I wish them both the best.